The World Freestyle Football Association has announced today the creation of a new tool of extraordinary value for the future of the sport: the WFFA Advisory Board, an external, independent organ committed to helping evolve the discipline holistically across all regions of the world.
The newly created Advisory Board will include first-class experts in a variety of fields, from governance and sports development to marketing and communications, which will greatly help in growing the capacities of the current teams of the Association and shaping its short- and long-term strategy.
The WFFA Advisory Board will consist of the following members:
- Gabriel Behr Andrade: Paralympic Games Operations Senior Manager. Sport Management and Psychology expert working extensively on major sporting events worldwide
- Patrick Casteau: Director of International Relations for OnLocation (Olympics and Paralympics). Co-Founder of the Football Business Academy
- Daphne Chan: Consultant on Sports Media rights and Data and Research. Ex ESPN, International Paralympics Committee and SportCal
- Sean Garnier: The first World Champion of Freestyle Football. A global social media icon (23+million followers) and visionary for the sport
- Jürgen Griesbeck: Founder and CEO of Common Goal, the biggest Sport for Development movement worldwide
- Nabil Hadi: Co-Founder and COO of Roster and Digital Nomad Labs. Web3 and Blockchain guru
- Dr Hussa K. Al Khalifa: Long-standing member of the Bahrain Olympic Committee and Football Association. Social Responsibility Committee member of the AFC
- Alex Lee: Serial Entrepreneur, Investor and Board Member of CalSouth. Working also in MMA and extensively across US Soccer
- Carrie McNeill: Executive Director at CMC&CO. Sports Investment, strategy and merchandise specialist with extensive impact and knowledge of the Middle East markets
- Datuk Stuart Ramalingam: Promoter of the first iteration of a world federation for Freestyle Football, F3, back in 2011. CEO of the Malaysia Football League
- John P. Reynal: President and CEO at the Women’s Cup and creator of the Daytona Soccer Fest. International event organisation and management expert
- Damjan Rudež: Director of the Sunset Sports Media Festival. Former NBA basketball player
- Preeti Shetty: Board member of Brentford FC and CEO of Upshot. Social Impact expert
- Fengze Yeh: Investor and Partnership Head for Park. Champion in Social Impact through sport and Web3 / Metaverse expert
“The creation of the Advisory Board is a key step in preparing the WFFA for the future”, said Steve Elias, President of the WFFA. “Freestyle Football is already growing at an extraordinary pace, and adding such talented individuals to the orbit of the sport will surely help it accelerate even more. I’m really excited to see the results!”.
“The members of the Advisory Board will doubtlessly bring huge value to the WFFA”, said Dan Wood, Head of Partnerships at the WFFA and main promoter of the Advisory Board. “Their vast knowledge will be extremely useful to build the capacities of the Association staff and multiply the possibilities of the whole organisation.”
For more information about the activities of the WFFA, follow its official channels to get the latest updates!