WFFA Youth Championship 2022
November 9 - December 22
|To register, visit the official page of the event at GameDay: click on the logo and sign up now!|
|Check the official results of the tournament on Tournify: click on the logo for more details!|
Awesome news for the next generation of freestylers from all around the world: one of the WFFA’s most important tournaments, the World Youth Freestyle Football Championship, is back in 2022!
This year, the tournament grows and changes its platform, from the old WFFA App to a new, easier format based on Whatsapp (or an equivalent messaging tool for countries where this service is not available). In this edition of the competition, you won’t need to worry about technical issues and you’ll be able to focus completely on showing us your best Freestyle Football moves!
Remember: to participate in the Youth Championship, you must be 15 years of age or younger on the date when registrations close. See below for more information!
Registrations for the 2022 WFFA Youth Championship are completely free and will be open between October 24th and November 7th. Important: no new signups will be accepted after November 7th, so make sure to register on time!
To sign up, follow this process:
- Go to the GameDay page of the event and follow the registration process: once completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to the Parental Form
- Get the Parental Form signed by your mother, father or legal guardian and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 7th, 2022
- When your form is approved, you will receive a Whatsapp message and you will be able to send the qualification video
- The team of judges will select the best 128 videos (64 for boys and 64 for girls) and rank them to progress onto the next stage of the competition
Do not forget that in order to participate you will need to be 15 years of age or younger when registrations close on November 7th, 2022.
This year, the WFFA Youth Championship will follow this timeline:
- October 24th to November 7th: Registration period. No registrations will be accepted after November 7th
- November 9th to November 16th: Qualification stage. Freestylers will be asked to send their qualification videos between those dates. No videos will be accepted after November 16th
- November 29th to December 5th: Top64 stage in Circles format, all happening via Whatsapp
- December 12th to December 15th: Top16 stage in 1×1 battles format, all happening via Whatsapp
- December 17th: Grand Finals (Top8, Semifinals, Bronze Battles, Finals) happening on a live event; participants will get all information beforehand so they can prepare accordingly
In the qualification stage, the clips of the participants will be evaluated by three different judges, who will give them scores on a scale from 1 to 10. The marks from the three judges will be added up, and the participants will then be ranked according to their total score. In case of a score draw between two freestylers, the Head of Judging will intervene and use his quality vote to break the tie.
The circles will then be created according to the aforementioned ranking from the qualification stage and following the usual seeding procedure: the freestyler ranked first will be placed in a group with the last, the second with the second last, and so on.
In the circles, three judges will evaluate and score each of the three videos sent by the participants on a scale of 1 to 10. The best freestylers from each circle will progress onto the next stage; the general ranking coming from these circles (that is, the total amount of points earned by each freestyler, accumulating the points earned by each of their three videos) will then be used to determine the battles in the Top16. In case of a score draw between two freestylers, the results of the qualification stage will be used to break the tie.
The 2022 edition of the WFFA Youth Championship will use the Official Rules of Freestyle Football for its battles. Any specific rules and regulations affecting the competition will be published on the corresponding page of the WFFA website.
The team of judges for the 2022 WFFA Youth Championship will feature the following first-class freestylers from all around the world:
- Charly Iacono (Argentina)
- Kitti Szász (Hungary)
- Javi Sanz (Spain)
- Paloma P. Mayo (Spain)
- Jasmijn Janssen (Netherlands)
- Julio Cisneros (Costa Rica), Head of Judges
The 2022 edition of the WFFA Youth Championship will reward not just the male and female champions of its 1×1 battles competition, but also offer awards to three extra categories in a similar fashion as in 2021.
Stay tuned to the official channels of the WFFA to follow the latest updates!