Super Ball World Open 2022
August 9 - August 13
The Freestyle Football community will have a great reason to rejoice in 2022: the biggest and most prestigious open competition in the world, Super Ball, will be back this year with an expanded setup and a long list of innovations and surprises.
Just as in the previous edition, Super Ball 2022 will take place in the Clarion Congress Hotel of the city of Prague. This year, though, the event will happen a week earlier than usual: the best freestylers in the world, including an estimated 300 participants from over 40 countries, will gather between August 8th and 13th in the capital of the Czech Republic to crown the champions in the male and female brackets of 7 different categories.
Co-organised by the World Freestyle Football Association, the 2022 edition of Super Ball will feature a much bigger setup than last season (twice the surface of the 2021 event) and a major innovation: the first Freestyle Football Congress, a unique opportunity to celebrate the community, imagine the future of the discipline and learn about the latest trends in sports with athletes and officials from all over the world.
The 2022 edition of Super Ball, just as its predecessors, will be an open event, and athletes from all nationalities and categories will be able to participate. The registration period will begin on June 1st 2022: freestylers and fans from around the globe will find all key information about the competition on www.superball.world.
This year’s edition of the tournament will include 7 categories:
- Freestyle Battles: the main competition of the event, a clash of individual quality and mental strength in which two athletes compete by showing their best skills to a team of 5 judges
- Freestyle routine: a showcase of individual mastery in which an athlete demonstrates their quality in sync with the music
- Double routine: a spectacle of synchrony in which two athletes show their most amazing combined moves
- Sick Three: a competition to find the very best combination of 3 consecutive tricks
- Challenge: a distinctive category in which athletes perform predetermined tricks at their highest speed; specially designed for lovers of fast combinations
- Show Flow: a competition for complete freestylers to demonstrate their absolute control over all aspects of the sport
- Iron Man: a marathon in basic lower body combinations – only for the toughest athletes!
Stay tuned to the official channels of the WFFA to follow the latest updates!